segunda-feira, 25 de abril de 2011

Edinburgh (22-25 APR)

The trip was great... I don´t konw why but it was what I needed, it was very relaxing. It invigorated me even the cold (very, very cold) weather - still.

By the way, the big bus wasn´t a big bus... it is smaller than one I used to go to Campo
Belo :( They say that "coach" is a big bus. Big? I can´t imagine the small one. It was around 22:30 and the drivers (I think three) were counting the passengers and putting them on each bus(three as well). I hadn´t changed the ticket and I asked one driver what could I do, while he was trying match the passagers on the buses. He nodded politely and continued doing the same, like "don´t worry". I went in the bus and nobody asked me about the ticket. I think, nobody asked anyone any ticket. So, the bus full, let´s go... but, it was 22:45 and the travel is 23:00. Don´t matter... the bus is full. Suddenly, in the middle of the trip the driver asked if anyone aren´t going directly to Edinburgh, he asked again and concluded that trip went directly. Imagine if someone was sleeping and could not hear the question. It was so strange again. I had bought the ticket to go directly... if someone didn´t go directly I would be very irritated  to take more time in the road.

The return was quite similar, a bit worse by the following fact. The bus was almost full  a quarter to the departure time, except to one chair, where there was a bag but nobody. The driver took the bag and put there a passager and went on... When the bus was leaving a girl asked to stop the bus but it continued. She had insisted a lot that the man in the bus station signed to the bus, after it had turned to take the right side and so it stopped and the girl got the baggage that was in the trunk. So crazy these facts.

About Edinburgh itself,is founded upon the volcanic crag shaped by 2 million years of glacial activity. It was considerated one the most beautyful city around the world, it was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is so interesting one big city, in the meddle of two day's bank holidays, could be so peaceful, calm.  I loved it.

I was hosted near the university, in a convention center where have a kind of student restaurant.  Everyone could go there. I went and was surprised. The food is cheaper, I have paid £4.5 to eat how much I wanted. It included all fruit (banana, kiwi, orange, etc, etc), drinks (hot chocolat, refrigerant,  juice, coofee, etc, etc). The food is very, very good, a lot of variety of meat and of everything.  But it couldn´t miss the fried potatoes, of course. Some people eating a health food, other not so.

Finally, it was nice!


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário